The 2013 Meeting of Experts for Protocol V took place from 10 to 12 April in Geneva.
Officeholders and Coordinators for 2013
The President-designate of the Seventh Conference is Ambassador Jan Knutsson of Sweden.
Serving as the Coordinators at the Meeting of Experts were:
- Coordinator on Clearance and Article 4: Mr. Ivan Grinevich of Belarus, and Friend of the Coordinator: Colonel Gerfried Elias of Germany
- Coordinator on Cooperation and Assistance: Mr. Yevgen Lisuchenko of Ukraine
- Coordinator on Generic Preventive Measures: Brigadier General Mario Amadei of Italy
- Coordinator on National Reporting: Major Aviateur Lode Dewaegheneire of Belgium
- Coordinator on Victim Assistance: Mr. Fernando Guzman of Chile, Friend of the Coordinator: Ms. Caroline Woergoetter of Austria
Presentations and statements
Update on Protocol V National Annual Reporting
President-designate Ambassador Jan Knutsson wrote to all delegations informing them that the Protocol V national annual reporting form has been revised to include the new section on victim assistance. A copy of the letter can be found here.
Preparations for the Protocol V Meeting of Experts in 2013
Set out below are the letters of each of the Coordinators on their preparations for the Meeting of Experts:
Letter on Clearance and Article 4 from Mr. Ivan Grinevich
Food-for-thought paper on existing explosive remnants of war from Mr. Ivan Grinevich
Letter on Article 4 and alliances and coalitions from Colonel Gerfried Elias
Letter on Cooperation and Assistance from Mr. Yevgen Lisuchenko
Letter on Generic Preventive Measures from Brigadier General Mario Amadei
Letter on National Reporting from Major Aviateur Lode Dewaegheneire
Letter on Victim Assistance from Mr. Fernando Guzman and Ms. Caroline Woergoetter