Transparency in armaments is a key confidence-building measure. It may encourage restraint in the transfer or production of arms, and can contribute to preventive diplomacy.
The UN Register of Conventional Arms (UNROCA) has received reports from more than 170 States. The vast majority of official arms transfers are captured by it.
TO SUBMIT A REPORT ELECTRONICALLY: Click here to access the login page (Governments only)
- Preventing and combating illicit brokering activites
- The illicit trade in small arms and light weapons in all its aspects
- Assistance to States for curbing the illicit traffic in small arms and light weapons and collecting them
- Consolidation of peace through practical disarmament measures
- Promoting development through the reduction and prevention of armed violence (2008)
- Addressing the negative humanitarian and development impact of the illicit manufacture, transfer and circulation of
- small arms and light weapons and their excessive accumulation (2006)
- The illicit trade in small arms and light weapons in all its aspects (2016)
- Recent developments in small arms and light weapons manufacturing, technology and design and implications for the implementation of the International Instrument
- Promoting development through the reduction and prevention of armed violence
Expert group report
Human Rights Council